Do you want to make your business official on Facebook? Want to showcase your brand to your customers? A Grey Badge for your Business Page can make the difference for your establishment. It could be mean more sales or a drop in profits.
So how do you get it?
Search Marketing Group shows you how to get a Grey Badge for your Business Page, so you get more likes, more customers, more sales, and how to establish your business in the world of Facebook.
What Is The Grey Badge?
We all know about the famous ‘Blue Badge’. Twitter has its own its ‘Blue Tick’ and Facebook has its ‘Blue Badge’ – a verification symbol that is used to verify public figures and personalities to establish that they are who they say they are. Celebrities and politicians are the biggest users.
So where does the Grey Badge come in?
In 2015, Facebook realised that business – big, medium and small – needed the same application. Businesses needed to prove that they are a legitimate organisation. So they introduced the Grey Badge; as simple unique way in companies can establish their authenticity.
It is a no-brainer for companies to get this badge.
What Are The Advantages?
So why should a local business in Melbourne try to get a Grey Badge? Because the benefits outweigh the negatives. It can have a massive impact on your business’ online reputation, as well as your profits and ROI. Here are the key advantages of the Grey Badge:
- They give your Business Page a credibility boost; confirming to users that are a legit enterprise. Prospective customers know they are interacting with a real page and not a fake account.
- You will enhance your online reputation and establish your business on social media.
- Your business will stand out from the competition thanks to the legitimacy. You will find that users will come to your business more than others.
- Verified pages will rank higher on Facebook and Google search results so that you will stand out more than most!
- More exposure means more prospective customers, and therefore, more sales in the long run.
Not jumping at the chance to get a Grey Badge for your business will result in a massive loss for your business. According to Social Media News, in January 2018, there were “15,000,000 Monthly Active Australian Users”.
That is a whole lot of potential that your business can be missing out on.
How To Get A Grey Badge For Your Business
Despite the suggestion that getting a grey badge would be difficult, Facebook has made it rather simple. There are a few essentials you need first:
- You need to have a Facebook Business Page
- You must make posts on that Business Page
- You have to have a Profile & Cover Photo
From there, you can apply for a Grey Badge. It only takes a few simple steps for you to get it.
Step 1: Verify Your Page
Click on Settings at the top of your Business Page. From the General options, click on Page Verification, and then Verify your Business Page.
Step 2: Enter Your Details
You will then have to enter the publicly listed phone number from your business. You will also have to enter details such as your country, and your preferred language. You can also verify your business by providing a document that shows that you legally own the business. You can upload business licenses, tax files, phone bills, invoices and articles of incorporation.
Step 3: Facebook Will Call You
After you have entered your details, you will have to click the Call Me Now button to allow Facebook to call you directly. An automated call will provide you with a Verification Code.
Step 4: Enter The Code
Enter the 4-digit Verification Code into the screen and click continue! That’s it!
Step 5: Wait For Results
You will have to wait between 48 hours to a week to get a receive a response from Facebook, regarding your results.
What To Do If You Didn’t Get Approved For Verification
There is no reason to panic when it comes to your verification. You need to put a little more work into getting that Grey Badge. This means that you have to make your Business Page more credible. You can do by:
- Getting more reviews from other customers
- Consistently update your page with posts
- Make sure that your ‘About Us’ is fully loaded
- Get as many mentions as possible from people and other Business Pages
If you want more information on how to get your Grey Badge and why you got rejected, you can reach out to Facebook.
Search Marketing Group’s Social Media Team
Managing Facebook can be a struggle. So if you need a professional touch, reach out and contact the experts here at Search Marketing Group today for more information about our Facebook and social media services.